Monday, December 27, 2010

Gift Knitting

Christmas has finally arrived, and I was able to knit a few gifts this year. I have a few rules that I follow when knitting gifts. First, make it small. This allows multiple gifts to be knit without driving you, the knitter, crazy. Second, make it machine washable, or at least easy to care for. Third, choose a pattern you enjoy. When knitting for someone else, just like giving any present, you can't be sure the recipient will actually like it, so you might as well have enjoyed knitting it.

Great projects that follow these rules include hats, socks, scarves or shawls, and items for the home. Below is Holden, a small shawl that I knit for my sister in machine-washable sock yarn.



A set of two organic cotton washcloths, All Washed Up and my own Corrugated Cloth:






Another set with Corrugated Cloth and Double Bump Dishcloth:







All of these gifts followed the basic rules for gift knitting, and I was able to add a little hand-knit goodness to my holiday. Bigger and better next Christmas, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment