Thursday, May 12, 2011

Great Charity Stash-Down Update

Well, roughly two weeks later I have finished five projects: two hats, two pairs of fingerless mittens, and a cowl. I've made one hat/mitt set out of the mystery wool and another set in Capra, which is deee-licious. It feels pretty nice in the ball, even better knit, and amazing after blocking. And speaking of blocking, pictures will have to wait until said blocking is finished.

Knitting these small projects has been very rewarding, and on more than one level. First of all, I'm reducing my stash. Making way for new yarn, making room in my house: both are good news. Second, small projects give me a very real, very tangible sense of accomplishment. As beautiful as a me-sized stockinette cardigan in sport-weight wool is, months of knitting to achieve one garment is not always the most satisfying. Third, knitting for good people, especially people who've had some tough breaks, just makes a body feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment